You are entitled
to build on solid ground
Our construction law team is called upon right from project inception, whether at the time of forecast and preparation of organizational documents, in the drafting of various requests for proposal, or in the realization of any other project phase, and ultimately, when necessary, in litigation proceedings before civil law courts or arbitration tribunals.
Solicitous of the pace imposed on all stakeholders in this field, our team reconciles speed of execution of its interventions with the soundness of its advice, while always taking into consideration the importance of the issues at hand.
At our clients’ request, we frequently act in demand as well as in defense before the legal courts and regulatory, administrative, and governmental bodies that have jurisdiction in the field of construction law. We also act in both litigation and non-litigation matters between different partners, financial participants, or project stakeholders such as contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors, industry professionals, as well as the lenders and financial institutions, including bond companies when they have to guarantee various constructor’s obligations or even for the execution of a construction project.
Our seasoned team is assisted by experienced paralegals, which ensures our clients are listened to and receive specific and efficient service in each of these types of interventions.
Recognized experts in construction law
Renowned in both the business community and by their peers, the professionals at our law firm are members of the major professional organizations relevant to the construction industry. As such, they are regularly called upon to give training and lectures on various subjects pertaining to construction law. Additionally, our team members actively participate, when the opportunity arises, in alternate modes of conflict resolution such as mediation and arbitration. Furthermore, some of our professionals regularly act as arbitrators in construction litigation involving various types of requests and claims.
Our broad client base includes public institutions, private owners and promoters, work providers, general and specialized construction contractors, and industry professionals.
Our clients therefore call on our expert team to assist them in the drafting of business agreements and with the ensuing contractual documentation to ensure they meet the applicable statutory framework, namely the Act regarding contracting by public bodies, the Building Act, and the Labour Relations Act, and with professional training, labour force management in the construction industry, or with any other relevant legislation in this field.
They put their trust in us
Our construction law team serves a broad client base that includes public institutions, private owners and promoters, specialized construction companies, and professionals in this field of practice.
Our specialized lawyers counsel and represent you in all aspects of construction law:
- Claims for unpaid work, delays, and loss of productivity
- Realization of securities
- Bond recourse (pledges, materials and services and execution bond)
- Civil and professional liability
- Disputes over public requests for proposal
- Construction insolvency
- Defense of clients before penal regulation bodies
- Labour force management in the construction industry
- Delivery of licenses and required competency certificates (Régie du bâtiment du Québec, Commission de la construction du Québec)
- Drafting of price requests, requests for proposal, and other procurement documents
- Drafting of various construction contracts and agreements such as service contracts, procurement contracts, joint venture agreements, or contracts of association
- Contract negotiation
- Bid and procurement disputes
- Claims for product and construction material liability
- Environmental issues
- Fraud or embezzlement disputes